Sunday, July 24, 2011

See what I mean?

No sooner had I closed that post, than I went back to ECNing to do some looking around. I found this post in a discussion on classroom blogging:

Reply by A. Cody
Visit my site: http://mscodysclass.wikispaces.com/
At the bottom of the home page is a link to my blogspot site- it lists tons of resources and ideas for using blogs and wikis.

Resource overload! I clicked on just ONE - 50 Useful Blogging Tools for Teachers - more resources!!!

I read through the list, some I was familiar with, some not, until I came to the very last entry, Making It Interesting: What Would You Add to This Classroom? It wasn't this particular post that grabbed me (well, I did read it). But when I clicked on the blog title, it took me to the most recent posts. This is a math teacher, but he was describing lessons in citizenship and community involvement that blew me away. And suddenly I'm remembering the "Social Justice" focus I put on my instructional focus planning calendar in the spring, wheels start turning.....

I'm wondering if Sarah (my 7th grade counterpart) or our 7th grade Social Studies teachers would be into this?

Teaching Citizenship Part I - The WHY

Teaching Citizenship Part II - Pay It Forward

Teaching Citizenship Part III - 25 Cents a Day

I need some lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment